It has taken longer than than we expected but we are pleased to announce the release of Realtime Trains for iPhone.
Realtime Trains for iPhone is available now on the App Store for £2.99. We've also reduced the price of our Android app, on Google Play, by 25% to £2.99. The iPhone app brings many of the features of our Android app, and website, to a native app for iOS 7.
- Quickly find departures and arrivals for any station in the UK, by their name, their three letter code or using your phone's location
- Find any train from any station. Filter them by where they're going. See exactly where the train is, and see if it’s approaching, rolling in, or ready to go. Get ahead. Know when to run!
- On some high-frequency routes, you’ll get an at-a-glance "countdown" view of the next trainslist of trains with an easy countdown timer in the corner, so it's fast and easy to see how many minutes you can expect to wait
- See the platform number as soon as it’s confirmed in the system—sometimes well before they're announced at the station. Great for beating the crowds and nabbing that all important seat!
- You can favourite individual trains for easy access, individual stations, or even filtered routes (such as “all trains from London Waterloo to Basingstoke.”) You can also pin timetables to the app's home screen, which downloads them for offline access
The next step for our mobile apps will be to introduce our detailed mode to passenger services and we'll be bringing those to both iPhone and Android in the near future. First, though, we'll be bringing iPad support to the iOS app, which will be released in the coming weeks.
Realtime Trains is now used by more than 100,000 people every month, passenger and enthusiast alike. We hope you enjoy using our new iOS app! If you have any feedback, suggestions or problems, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.