It's been quite some time since the last update to Realtime Trains as development has slowly been progressing. RailMiles was recently relaunched as well. It's been a rather busy few years and the time has come that I'm now looking for someone new to join the crew here at Swlines Ltd.
Applications are open now, and applications will continue until 19th June 21:00. Please send your CV and further details about your previous work, such as your Github profile or similar, to email@example.com.
Swlines Ltd is looking for a software developer to aid the continued growth of the business. This is a remote working position, but it is preferrable if you are within a 2 hour travel time of Bournemouth. We are the creator and maintainers of the well-known Realtime Trains and RailMiles websites, as well as being involved in a number of ongoing prominent projects in the wider rail industry. As part of the role, you will work on our public facing services as well as for our clients in a wide range of areas within the rail sector.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Liaising with customers to develop solutions and continuing through to implementation and deployment, with ongoing support as necessary with the client.
- Taking the lead developer role on projects, being able to coordinate with client’s developers to meet requirements and deadlines.
- Implementation of robust applications for use in environments with limited sources.
- Working closely with clients, with on-site visits where necessary.
- Working knowledge of Java and Python, with the ability to understand PHP
- Experience working with MariaDB and/or PostgreSQL, understanding of Redis and MongoDB
- Proficient in unit based testing practices
- Familiarity with Git version control
- Ability to communicate reliably through email, IRC and instant messaging
- Experience with embedded systems such as Arduino
- Understanding of enterprise grade networking equipment
- Experience of Linux (primarily Debian and Ubuntu) systems
- Working knowledge of the railway industry and its systems
- Full UK driving licence
- 25 days per holiday per year, plus bank holidays, incrementing at one day per year until a total of 30 days per year
- Broadband connection and laptop computer provided
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive and negotiable pay, with biannual reviews
To apply, please send your CV and details about your previous work, such as your Github profile or prominent projects, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!